A+E NETWORKS AND THE NYTVF TEAM FOR CREATE360°, OFFERING INDIE PRODUCERS DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACROSS THE NETWORK GROUP
New Scripted Program Seeks Emerging Writers For Lifetime, Unscripted Pipelines Continue with A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime, While FYI and H2 will Take Live Pitches at the 11th Annual New York Television Festival October 19-24
[New York, NY, July 14, 2015] The NYTVF (www.nytvf.com) today announced a partnership with longtime sponsor A+E Networks that will identify outstanding new writers and producers for potential development opportunities with A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime, FYI and H2.
The program, dubbed Create360°, offers independent television writers, producers, and production companies unique opportunities with the network group. The comprehensive development program builds on the longtime unscripted partnership between the NYTVF and A+E Networks, and provides additional opportunities for scripted television writers and producers.
A+E Networks-NYTVF Create360° includes the following programs:
- Lifetime Writers Project – The network group's first scripted partnership with NYTVF, the Lifetime Writers Project invites emerging TV writers to submit concepts for hour-long series for consideration. Five writers will be selected by the network as Lifetime Writing Fellows and will receive a grant to attend the 2015 New York Television Festival as Official Artists to meet with network executives about their projects.
- Unscripted Pipeline – A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime, will again invite unscripted producers to submit character-based sizzle tapes and series treatments, with each network offering a potential development opportunity to a selected producer.
- NYTVF Pitch – Any writers/creators named Official Artists for the 2015 New York Television Festival as part of these or other 2015 NYTVF competitions will be eligible to submit original series concepts for consideration by FYI and H2 executives. Since the NYTVF launched its Pitch program in 2011, 17 networks, platforms, and studios have awarded indie artists with development deals based on pitches presented to them at the annual Festival.
STARZ PARTNERS WITH NYTVF TO IDENTIFY OUTSTANDING EMERGING TELEVISION ARTISTS FOR “RISING TALENT AWARD”
Projects named Official Selections at the 2015 New York Television Festival are eligible for consideration
[New York, NY, June 26, 2015] The NYTVF (www.nytvf.com) today announced a new partnership with Starz that will identify an outstanding producer or production team selected from the Official Artists participating in the 2015 New York Television Festival for the inaugural “Starz Rising Talent Award.” Narrative projects are eligible for consideration and must be named Official Selections in the NYTVF's annual Independent Pilot Competition, which is accepting entries through June 29. The winning producer(s) will be awarded a cash prize as well as the opportunity to meet with Starz development and programming executives. The partnership marks the first time that a premium cable network has offered a guaranteed opportunity to an NYTVF artist.
RED ARROW ENTERTAINMENT GROUP EXPANDS PARTNERSHIP WITH NYTVF TO OFFER TWO GUARANTEED COMEDY DEALS TO INDEPENDENT CREATORS AT 11TH ANNUAL FESTIVAL
Red Arrow subsidiaries Left/Right and Fabrik Entertainment on-board to shepherd selected projects through development
Official Artists at the 2015 New York Television Festival to be eligible for consideration
[New York, NY, June 24, 2015] The NYTVF (www.nytvf.com) today announced an expanded partnership with longtime supporter Red Arrow Entertainment Group that will identify outstanding new comedy voices for further development and production opportunities.
Red Arrow, a global production and distribution group with 13 TV production companies spanning seven countries, is part of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG, one of Europe's leading media groups. In its comedy-centric partnership with the NYTVF, Red Arrow is bringing in two of its U.S.-based production companies to further develop selected projects and shepherd the creators through the process:
- Left/Right, the New York-based production company behind the current Bravo scripted series Odd Mom Out and the upcoming USA comedy, donny!, along with hundreds of hours of unscripted programming for networks ranging from Showtime to AMC, will be selecting a pilot/producer from this year's Independent Pilot Competition for a $10,000 grant to further develop their project.
- Los Angeles-based Fabrik Entertainment, the production company behind hits including AMC’s The Killing and USA’s Burn Notice, along with current offerings including Amazon Studio's Bosch as well as the FX series The Comedians, will participate in NYTVF Pitch, where executives will assess comedy scripts submitted by NYTVF Official Artists, offering a guaranteed deal to at least one writer.
Network Will Team with NYTVF Productions on a Comedy Project, Selected from Among the Official Artists Invited to the 11th Annual New York Television Festival, Taking Place October 19-24, 2015 in Manhattan
truTV President and Head of Programming Chris Linn Joins NYTVF Board
[New York, NY, April 8, 2015] The NYTVF (www.nytvf.com) today announced a new partnership with truTV that guarantees a deal on a comedy project to be awarded to an outstanding project from this year's New York Television Festival. The winner of the truTV Greenlight Award will be identified from among the Festival's 2015 Official Artists, and will develop a project in partnership with truTV and the Festival's recently-launched production arm, NYTVF Productions.
Also today, the NYTVF – an organization dedicated to identifying and nurturing top independent creative talent and fostering connections with networks, studios and brands – announced the dates for the 11th annual New York Television Festival, its flagship event, which will take place this year in Manhattan from October 19-24.
truTV, which recently announced a deal to bring pop culture game show Billy on the Street to the network, is returning to the New York Television Festival in search of comedic non-scripted programming, with an emphasis on Comedy formats. Since 2012, truTV has guaranteed development deals to independent artists through the NYTVF.
The NYTVF has also announced that truTV President and Head of Programming Chris Linn is the newest addition to its Executive Board – a group of industry leaders who hold top positions at the networks, studios, agencies and other companies that are part of the fast-evolving television and digital video ecosystem.