2017 Official Selections Announced. See them here!
The Independent Pilot Competition (IPC) is the NYTVF’s flagship, annual initiative, accepting independently-produced, original television pilots and series, short films, and short-form web series from around the globe. If your project is episodic in nature and is meant to be consumed in multiple chapters over time, then it's TV.
Use the links below to explore the various aspects of submitting to the IPC.
- Official Selections of the 2017 IPC will be eligible for category awards including Comedy, Drama/Dramedy, Unscripted, and Short-Form Series
- Official Selections of the 2017 IPC will be eligible for individual achievement awards including Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writing, and Best Director
- Official Selections of the 2017 IPC will be eligible for Festival Development Awards
- 6:00 PM Thursday, March 30, 2017…………….Early Submission Deadline ($30)
- 6:00 PM, Wednesday, May 31, 2017…………….Regular Submission Deadline ($50)
- 11:59 PM, Wednesday, June 28, 2017…………….Procrastinator Deadline ($100)
- All pilots must have a total running time of between 4 and 60 minutes.
- For additional information and recommendations on running times (including unscripted sizzle reels and short-form series), see FAQ.
- Pilots received before the Early Submission Deadline (before 6:00 PM, March 30, 2017) ..... $30
- Pilots received between the Early Submission Deadline and the Regular Submission Deadline (March 30—6:00 PM, May 31, 2017) ..... $50
- Student pilots, accompanied by a photocopy of a current, valid student ID received before the Regular Submission Deadline (6:00 PM, May 31, 2017) ..... $25
- ALL Pilots received between the Regular Submission Deadline and the Procrastinator Deadline (May 31—11:59 PM, June 28, 2017) ..... $100
- Check and money orders made payable to the “New York Television Festival” or “NYTVF” are acceptable forms of payment.
- Programs created or funded by U.S. broadcast or cable networks are ineligible to compete in the Independent Pilot Competition but may be submitted to the NYTVF for consideration as a specialty screening.
- Projects that have received artistic/educational grants or development funding are eligible, provided the submitter holds all distribution rights to the project.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. If under the age of 18, entries must include written parental consent.
- Programs may not contain any copyrighted music, images, or brand names without proper clearance. For more info on US copyright law visit: http://www.copyright.gov/
- Foreign-language programs must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
- While not required, special consideration will be given to projects that have not been previously exhibited in other Festivals i.e. NYTVF will host the “Festival Premiere” of the project.
The New York Television Festival “Independent Pilot Competition” accepts entries beginning on February 14, 2017 and ending June 28, 2017. Artists are permitted to submit multiple entries to the competition. All entries must be received by the NYTVF no later than 11:59 PM on June 28, 2017. This is not a postmark date. Final notification for all Official Selections to the Independent Pilot Competition will be made on or around August 15th.
Click to submit, via Withoutabox.
DOWNLOAD and complete the IPC Entry Packet and mail in with the following materials:.
- 5 Copies Produced Pilot (Playable DVDs)
- Pilot Program submitted on Five (5) playable DVDs
- Include label of Creator, Producer, and/or Director with contact information ON EACH DVD
- International submissions must be submitted on DVD formatted for multi-zone or Zone 1 (North America)
- 1 Copy Produced Pilot and 1-Minute Trailer (Compressed Files)
- Pilot Program submitted as compressed/QuickTime file
- 1-Minute Trailer submitted as compressed/QuickTime file
- Submitted as separate files on one Data DVD, multiple Data DVDs, or Flash Drive
- MP4, H.264 or MOV formats are preferred. Recommended output minimum 640w x 348h pixels
- 2 Digital Stills
- Two (2) color screen capture images or digital stills from the pilot program on CD or DVD
- Additional Press Kit Materials may be submitted but are optional
- Signed Entry Form and Entry Fee
All physical submissions, accompanied by a signed Application Form and Entry Fee, must be sent to:
New York Television Festival -
Attn: IPC Entries '17
121 W 27th St., Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
The NYTVF Office is located at:
121 W 27th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)
New York, NY 10001
Reminder: Entries must be received (not postmarked) by deadline.
Have questions? Email us at ask@NYTVF.com. GOOD LUCK!