Submission Deadline has passed.
The Independent Pilot Competition (IPC) is the NYTVF’s flagship, annual initiative, accepting independently-produced, original television pilots and series, short films, and short-form web series from around the globe. If your project is episodic in nature and is meant to be consumed in multiple chapters over time, then it's TV.
IPC submissions should be between 4 and 60 minutes in length, and all genres are welcome (Comedy, Unscripted/Doc, Drama, Family, Animation, etc). If submitting an unscripted/docu-series pilot, sizzle reels and/or character tapes are recommended. Official Selections in the IPC have the exclusive opportunity to screen in competition at the annual New York Television Festival, held in NYC. IPC Official Selections are also eligible for the competition's category and individual achievement awards as well as guaranteed development deals from Festival Development Partners. See 2015 Festival Development Partners HERE.
For more information about submitting to the IPC (including deadlines and reminders), sign up for the NYTVF newsletter HERE.
Use the links below to explore the various aspects of submitting to the IPC.
- Official Selections of the 2015 IPC will be eligible for category awards including Comedy, Drama/Dramedy, Unscripted, and Short-Form Web Series
- Official Selections of the 2015 IPC will be eligible for individual achievement awards including Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writing, and Best Director
- Official Selections of the 2015 IPC will be eligible for Festival Development Awards
- 6:00 PM Monday, May 11, 2015…………….Early Submission Deadline ($30)
- 6:00 PM, Monday, June 15, 2015…………….Regular Submission Deadline ($50)
- 11:59 PM, Monday, June 29, 2015…………….Procrastinator Deadline ($100)
- All pilots must have a total running time of between 4 and 60 minutes.
- For additional information and recommendations on running times (including unscripted sizzle reels and short-form web series), see FAQ.
- Pilots received before the Early Submission Deadline (before 6:00 PM, May 11, 2015) ..... $30
- Pilots received between the Early Submission Deadline and the Regular Submission Deadline (May 11—6:00 PM, June 15, 2015) ..... $50
- Student pilots, accompanied by a photocopy of a current, valid student ID received before the Regular Submission Deadline (6:00 PM, June 15, 2015) ..... $25
- ALL Pilots received between the Regular Submission Deadline and the Procrastinator Deadline (June 15—11:59 PM, June 29, 2015) ..... $100
- Check and money orders made payable to the “New York Television Festival” or “NYTVF” are acceptable forms of payment.
- Programs created or funded by U.S. broadcast or cable networks are ineligible to compete in the Independent Pilot Competition but may be submitted to the NYTVF for consideration as a specialty screening.
- Projects that have received artistic/educational grants or development funding are eligible, provided the submitter holds all distribution rights to the project.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. If under the age of 18, entries must include written parental consent.
- Programs may not contain any copyrighted music, images, or brand names without proper clearance. For more info on US copyright law visit: http://www.copyright.gov/
- Foreign-language programs must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English. Programs must be received by 11:59 PM on June 29, 2015.
The New York Television Festival “Independent Pilot Competition” accepts entries beginning on February 17, 2015 and ending June 29, 2015. Artists are permitted to submit multiple entries to the competition. All entries must be received by the NYTVF no later than 11:59 PM on June 29, 2015. This is not a postmark date. Final notification for all Official Selections to the Independent Pilot Competition will be made on or around August 15th.
- 5 Copies Produced Pilot (Playable DVDs)
- Pilot Program submitted on Five (5) playable DVDs
- Include label of Creator, Producer, and/or Director with contact information ON EACH DVD
- International submissions must be submitted on DVD formatted for multi-zone or Zone 1 (North America)
- 1 Copy Produced Pilot and 1-Minute Trailer (Compressed Files)
- Pilot Program submitted as compressed/QuickTime file
- 1-Minute Trailer submitted as compressed/QuickTime file
- Submitted as separate files on one Data DVD, multiple Data DVDs, or Flash Drive
- MP4, H.264 or MOV formats are preferred. Recommended output minimum 640w x 348h pixels, or under 200MB each
- 2 Digital Stills
- Two (2) color screen capture images or digital stills from the pilot program on CD or DVD
- Additional Press Kit Materials may be submitted but are optional
- Signed Entry Form and Entry Fee
All submissions, accompanied by a signed Application Form and Entry Fee, must be sent to:
New York Television Festival, Attn: IPC Entries '15
121 W 27th St., Suite 901
New York, NY 10001
The NYTVF Office is located at:
121 W 27th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)
New York, NY 10001
Reminder: Entries must be received (not postmarked) by deadline.
Have questions? Email us at ask@NYTVF.com. GOOD LUCK!