2013 NYTVF Pitch Awards
In 2013, the third installment of this initiative welcomed back Pitch Partners, Sundance Channel and BIO Channel, along with new additions Gannett Broadcasting and National Geographic Channel.
Each partner provided a creative brief, which was shared with NYTVF's Official Artists. Artists were invited to submit specific pitches for each partner and the top ideas were identified by the NYTVF for the chance to pitch during the Festival. Each Pitch Partner guaranteed one development deal for an artist participating in NYTVF Pitch, with the following coming out on top:
BIO Channel: Anre Garrett (Miami, FL)
Gannett Broadcasting: David Guthrie and Nick Nelson (Toronto, ON, Canada)
National Geographic Channel: Justin Lamb (New York, NY)
Sundance Channel: Alex J. Mann (New York, NY)
What is Pitch?
NYTVF Pitch, launched in 2011, will return to the 10th Annual New York Television Festival, with several partners signing on to take pitches from the Festival's class of 2014 Official Artists. Each partner will guarantee a development deal for one selected producer and pitch. Previous Pitch partners have included SevenOne International, National Geographic Channel, Gannett Broadcasting, Hasbro Studios, Logo, truTV, and, Channel 4.
How does NYTVF Pitch work?
- Each Pitch Partner will provide the NYTVF with a Creative Brief, outlining development goals and the types of pitches they are interested in.
- Creative briefs will be distributed to all 2013 Official Artists in the weeks prior to the 2014 NYTVF.
- NYTVF Pitch semifinalists will be selected from the submitted pitches.
- Semifinalists will meet with development executives from each of the partner companies on-site at the 2014 Festival.
How can I participate?
- NYTVF Pitch is a closed initiative hosted on-site at the 2014 New York Television Festival that is open ONLY to Official Festival Artists.
What is an "Official Artist"?
- Official Artists designation is applied to the creators of projects that are named Official Selections in the Independent Pilot Competition or finalists in one of the NYTVF's stand-alone partnered development initiatives. Announced 2014 stand-alone partnered initiatives can be found here.