Submission Deadline Passed
The Independent Pilot Competition (IPC) is the NYTVF’s flagship, annual initiative, accepting independently-produced, original television pilots and series, short films, and short-form web series from around the globe. If your project is episodic in nature and is meant to be consumed in multiple chapters over time, then it's TV.
Use the links below to explore the various aspects of submitting to the IPC.
- Official Selections of the 2018 IPC will be eligible for category awards including Comedy, Drama/Dramedy, Unscripted, and Short-Form Digital Series
- Official Selections of the 2018 IPC will be eligible for individual achievement awards including Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writing, and Best Director
- Official Selections of the 2018 IPC will be eligible for Festival Development Awards
- 6:00 PM Monday, February 5, 2018…………….Early Submission Deadline ($30)
- 6:00 PM, Monday, March 12, 2018…………….Regular Submission Deadline ($50)
- 6:00 PM, Monday, April 16, 2018…………….Final Submission Deadline ($95)
- 11:59 PM, Tuesday, May 1, 2018 …………….PROCRASTINATOR Deadline ($145)
- All pilots must have a total running time of between 4 and 60 minutes.
- For additional information and recommendations on running times (including unscripted sizzle reels and short-form series), see FAQ.
- Projects received before the Early Submission Deadline ..... $30
- Projects received between the Early Submission Deadline and the Regular Submission Deadline ..... $50
- Student Projects accompanied by a photocopy of a current, valid student ID received before the Regular Submission Deadline ..... $30
- ALL Projects received between the Regular Submission Deadline and the Final Deadline ..... $95
- ALL Projects received between the Final Deadline and the Procrastinator Deadline ..... $145
- Payment can be submitted through Withoutabox.com.
- Projects created or funded by U.S. broadcast or cable networks are ineligible to compete in the Independent Pilot Competition but may be submitted to the NYTVF for consideration as a specialty screening.
- Projects that have received artistic/educational grants or development funding are eligible, provided the submitter holds all distribution rights to the project.
- If you have questions about eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Projects should not contain any copyrighted music, images, or brand names without proper clearance. For more info on US copyright law visit: http://www.copyright.gov/
- Foreign-language programs must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
The New York Television Festival “Independent Pilot Competition” accepts entries beginning on January 2, 2018 and ending May 1, 2018. Artists are permitted to submit multiple entries to the competition. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM on May 1, 2018. Final notification for all Official Selections to the Independent Pilot Competition will be made on or around June 15.
All projects must be submitted digitally through Withoutabox. Click HERE to submit, via Withoutabox.
If your project is selected as an Official Selection, you will be required to mail in a (roughly) 1-minute trailer along with digital files of your project.
Reminder: All entries must be submitted by the Procrastinator Deadline.
Have questions? Email us at ask@NYTVF.com. GOOD LUCK!